Thursday 21 April 2016

Keeping a prayer journal

                                          Image courtesy:  http:littleblots.com



I personally love writing. I think I gave up talking much because as you well know, distortion is almost inevitable.

But anyway,  the faintest pen, they say, has the longest memory. 

 I feel good reading through my old books, those notes we would exchange in campus and high school. Sometimes it feels like deja'vu. I  am able to recount the moment, I can almost get to the feeling then. That's how powerful the pen is.

 Beyond this, I look back and see just how much I have grown, at least I can tell how far away I was.

This book will introduce your child to the discipline of keeping a prayer journal so that as God watches over his word to perform it, so will your child also watch over their written word to see it performed! It's a cool way to look at it...yea?

Here is a wonderful excerpt from a prayer journal as recorded in The Power of a Praying Kid:

When my friend's grandpa got sick, I prayed that he would get well.  But he didn't, he died. That  doesn't mean that God never answered my prayers. It means that God wanted him to come to heaven to be with him. So in my prayer journal, I wrote, "John's grandpa went home to be with Jesus. I guess he thought his time on earth was done. But everyone at the funeral felt God's love and peace. I think that's how God answered my prayers.

I'm sure you want your child or even yourself to look back to the things you trusted God about. You want to see the record of the ones He answered, you want to be reminded how He answered then and this will surely improve your relationship with Him.

 They say journals get caught. But when it is your beautiful conversation with the Lord, who cares?

 Get your child, your niece, your neighbor, your nephew a copy of THE POWER OF A PRAYING KID today and let them learn how to keep a prayer journal.
          Call us on 0712 980 728 or 0712 133 471


No comments:

Post a Comment